An unusually somber-looking group of five year-olds celebrating Halloween at a party at the Jewish Educational Center in St. Paul, Minnesota, 1934.
Halloween Party at the Jewish Educational Center, 1934
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding, 1956 — Share the History Love... Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding. The were married in a civil ceremony at the Westchester County Court in White Plains, New York, on June 29, 1956 and, two days later, had a Jewish ceremony at Miller’s agent’s house at Waccabuc, New York. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]
- Child recovering from Mumps, 1957 — Share the History Love... A January 16, 1957 AP file photo shows Greg Cox, left, 7, in Altamont, Ill., as he looks at his friend Jon Douglas, 6, through the doorway while he recovers from mumps. Greg’s parents posted the sign but it didn’t work out too well because most of Greg’s playmates were too [...]
- Archbishop racing Sisters in paddleboats, 1952 — Share the History Love... Archbishop Cushing races Sister of the Divine Providence in paddleboats at Norumbega Park at outing for girls from Camp Mishannock in August 1952. Share the History Love... [...]