A troop of Camp Fire Girls dressed in Native American costume took part in the Grandview Parent Teacher Association (PTA) meeting at the Willits H. Sawyer residence at 1499 Roxbury Road on Wednesday, May 15, 1918. Until Upper Arlington [Ohio] opened its school system in October 1918, children in the community attended the Grandview schools.
Camp Fire Girls, 1918
- Costumed anti-Vietnam war demonstrators, 1971 — Share the History Love... Costumed anti-war demonstrators at the 1971 Vietnam War Out Now protest in Washington D.C. on April 24, 1971. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women workers stain wings for a De Havilland DH-4, 1918 — Share the History Love... In the foreground of the photograph a group of women stain the wooden skeletons of the wings for a De Havilland DH-4 at the Dayton-Wright Airplane Company. At each station a group of women stain the wooden wings with an observer watching. In the background other employees are working and a [...]
- Mug Shots: Bertha Boronda — Share the History Love... Mug shot: A photograph of someone’s face especially one made for police records. The word ”mug shots” comes from the British slang word “mug” meaning “face.” Early in the morning on May 30th, 1907, Bertha, believing her husband was planning on leaving her, took a razor and sliced off his penis. While her [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]
- Chairman Gillette weeps with the signing of the Garrison Dam, 1948 — Share the History Love... George Gillette (left), chairman of the Fort Berthold Indian Tribal Business Council, weeps as Secretary of Interior J.A. Krug signs a contract whereby the tribe sells 155,000 acres of its reservation in North Dakota for the Garrison Dam and Reservoir project, 1948. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers completes the Garrison [...]