Members off Signal Corps 29 Division in training at Camp McClellan, Alabama using semaphore flags, 1918.
Signal Corps Training, 1918
- Gift Guide: Women’s History Buffs — Share the History Love... Here are a few gift ideas for the history buff on your list! “Vote for Women” Pennant Pin: Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum (History List) History Nerd t-shirt with Susan B. Anthony: History List Little Ladies: Bold Women in Black History: Amazon Hidden Figures: Amazon U.S. Women’s Suffrage t-shirt: Yesteeyear (Etsy) Rad American Women [...]
- SATC troops seated for Thanksgiving Dinner, 1918 — Share the History Love... Students’ Army Training Corps (SATC) troops seated for Thanksgiving Dinner in the Mechanic Arts building (at Utah State) which housed the canteen and served as barracks during demobilization, 1918. Note the flu masks around the necks of some of the men. Share the History Love... [...]
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919 — Share the History Love... Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919. Share the History Love... [...]
- Parade for Red Cross donations and volunteers, 1917 — Share the History Love... Parade organized to encourage donations and recruit volunteers for the Red Cross war-time services in Paint Rock, Texas in 1917. Share the History Love... [...]