“Colored” drinking fountain in a Oklahoma City streetcar terminal, July 1939.
Segregated Drinking Fountain, 1939
- Detroit NAACP branch office, 1940s — Share the History Love... People work in the NAACP branch office in Detroit, Michigan, in the 1940s. Share the History Love... [...]
- Protester attacked by police dogs in Birmingham, 1963 — Share the History Love... Parker High School student Walter Gadsden, 17, being attacked by police dogs during the Civil Rights campaign in Birmingham, Alabama on May 3, 1963, Share the History Love... [...]
- Walgreens (Nashville) lunch counter sit-in, 1960 — Share the History Love... Rodney Powell (standing) talks with other sit-in participants at Walgreens drugstore in Nashville, Tennessee on March 25, 1960. On February 13, 1960, members of the Nashville Student Movement and the Nashville Christian Leadership Council began a campaign of sit-ins at “whites only” lunch counters in Nashville stores. Their goal was to end [...]
- Tuskegee Airmen with Lena Horne — Share the History Love... Tuskegee Airmen with singer Lena Horne and Brigadier General Noel Parrish at a banquet at Tuskegee Institute in Tuskegee, Alabama during World War II. Share the History Love... [...]
- Six-year-old Lyndon B. Johnson, 1915 — Share the History Love... Photograph of Lyndon B. Johnson when he was around six years old, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]