Movie theater decorated for See America Thirst, which tells the story of two men who become involved in a bootleggers’ war and fall in love with a night club singer, 1930.
See America Thirst, 1930
- Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding, 1956 — Share the History Love... Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding. The were married in a civil ceremony at the Westchester County Court in White Plains, New York, on June 29, 1956 and, two days later, had a Jewish ceremony at Miller’s agent’s house at Waccabuc, New York. Share the History Love... [...]
- Dismantling speakeasy after raid — Share the History Love... Dismantling a Boston speakeasy after a raid. Share the History Love... [...]
- Publicity still of Lillian and Dorothy Gish, 1921 — Share the History Love... Publicity still of sisters Lillian and Dorothy Gish for Orphans of the Storm in 1921. Orphans of the Storm was a silent drama film by D. W. Griffith. Lillian Gish rose to fame with her leading role in the highest-grossing film of the silent era, Griffith’s seminal The Birth of a Nation in 1915. She became known as the “First Lady [...]
- Confiscating a 100-gallon alcohol still, 1931 — Share the History Love... Two Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs examine an alleged 100-gallon alcohol still. The still was attached to the wall-bed at right in such a manner that it could be swung back into a closet and out of sight on a moment’s notice. Clarence A. Reisch was arrested in the raid and booked [...]
- Publicity still of Greta Garbo, 1931 — Share the History Love... Actress Greta Garbo in a publicity still for the American film Inspiration in 1931. Share the History Love... [...]