Pie eating contest during a field day held by the 87th Regiment of the Tenth Mountain Division, on July 4, 1945, near Caporreto, Italy. Shows laughing people with whipped cream on their faces; a woman in a Red Cross uniform is (possibly) Deborah Bankart.
Pie Eating Contest, Fourth of July, 1945
- Bobbing for apples at Fort Sheridan, 1970 — Share the History Love... Mike Graham comes up with an apple in the apple bobbing booth during Halloween festivities in Fort Sheridan, 1970. Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters at the Starting Line, 1936 — Share the History Love... Roller derby skaters, from left, Louise Thomas, Elizabeth “Libby” Hoover, Pudge Dyer, Jayne Cummings and Mildred Arndt, are started by Harry Newman on Jan. 4, 1936. Share the History Love... [...]
- Suffragette with newspaper clippings, 1919 — Share the History Love... Suffrage worker with newspaper clippings on the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment granting women the right to vote by the United States Senate in 1919. Share the History Love... [...]
- Nixon speaks to troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam, 1969 — Share the History Love... President Richard Nixon speaks to American troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam on July 30, 1969. Share the History Love... [...]
- Liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, 1945 — Share the History Love... These two staring, emaciated men are liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, a Gestapo concentration camp near Nordhausen, Germany on April 12, 1945. The camp, according to G-2, 104th Infantry Division, U.S. First Army, had from 3,000 to 4,000 inmates, including French, Polish, Belgian, a few Russian, and several German political prisoners. Several [...]