Girl posing on the Atlantic City Beach with a little lion, ca. 1900.
Girl with Little Lion, Atlantic City Beach, 1900
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]
- Playing volleyball on stilts, 1934 — Share the History Love... Four young women playing volleyball on stilts at the beach in Venice, California, 1934. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women working on the Long Island Railroad, 1942 — Share the History Love... Women working along the rails for the Long Island Railroad in 1942. The women were paid 56 cents an hour for their work. Share the History Love... [...]
- Boy Scouts feeding a fawn, 1950 — Share the History Love... Boy Scouts feeding a fawn at the Philmont Scout Ranch near Cimarron, New Mexico in 1950. Share the History Love... [...]