Sister Aquinas is photographed explaining engine structure to her students during a field trip to Washington D.C. Their visit included inspection tours of hangars at the Washington National Airport.
“Flying Nun” Field Trip, 1942
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- In Their Words: WWI Veteran George Briant — Share the History Love... Share the History Love... [...]
- Nurse Wheels a Wounded Soldier in an Army Hospital, 1943 — Share the History Love... Nurse Frances Bullock wheels a wounded soldier back to his bed in the orthopedics ward of an Army hospital on May 23, 1943. Share the History Love... [...]
- Salvaging old stockings during WWII — Share the History Love... This photograph depicts Deena Clark, Civilian Defense Volunteer (right), and Tech. Sgt. Leo Malkins of the Army Air Corps (left). The worn out nylon stockings in this barrel full of salvaged stockings will be reprocessed and made into parachutes for army fliers, tow ropes for gilder planes and other war material. [...]
- Parade for Red Cross donations and volunteers, 1917 — Share the History Love... Parade organized to encourage donations and recruit volunteers for the Red Cross war-time services in Paint Rock, Texas in 1917. Share the History Love... [...]