This little girl is dressed as “Liberty” and holding an American flag during Fourth of July celebrations in 1916.
Child as “Liberty,” July 4, 1916
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Children play atop a locomotive, 1975 — Share the History Love... Children play atop locomotive 5030 in Salvador Perez Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1975. Share the History Love... [...]
- Kindergarten costume parade, 1965 — Share the History Love... Children in costumes from Central School kindergarten paraded around town of Vernal (Utah) in their costumes, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- Children holding jack-o’-lanterns, 1938 — Share the History Love... Betty Ann Lowery and Donnie York holding jack-o’-lanterns in San Antonio, Texas, October 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Young trick or treaters, 1945 — Share the History Love... Russell Froelich Jr. and friends dressed in Halloween costumes with a jack-o-lantern, ca. 1945. Share the History Love... [...]