Actress Bette Davis and group watches village fighting demonstration at Fort Benning, Georgia on October 6, 1944.
Bette Davis at Fort Benning
- The Wizard of the Oz cast reunited, 1970 — Share the History Love... Publicity photo of American entertainers, (top) Ray Bolger, (bottom; L–R) Margaret Hamilton and Jack Haley, reunited in 1970 in commemoration of their roles as the Scarecrow, the Wicked Witch of the West and the Tin Man respectively, in the 1939 feature film, The Wizard of Oz. Share the History Love... [...]
- Infantry Division March Down the Champs Elysees, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldiers of an American infantry division march down the Champs Elysees during the “Victory” parade on August 29, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- Nixon speaks to troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam, 1969 — Share the History Love... President Richard Nixon speaks to American troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam on July 30, 1969. Share the History Love... [...]
- Liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, 1945 — Share the History Love... These two staring, emaciated men are liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, a Gestapo concentration camp near Nordhausen, Germany on April 12, 1945. The camp, according to G-2, 104th Infantry Division, U.S. First Army, had from 3,000 to 4,000 inmates, including French, Polish, Belgian, a few Russian, and several German political prisoners. Several [...]
- Celebrities at FDR’s Birthday Celebration, 1944 — Share the History Love... Eleanor Roosevelt at FDR’s birthday celebration with Red Skelton, William Douglas, Lucille Ball, and John Garfield on January 30, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]