This photograph shows Amelia Earhart Putnam and Laura Ingalls descending from a TWA “Sky Chief” airplane that stopped briefly at the municipal airport in Wichita, Kansas. The two female aviators were headed for Los Angeles, California, August 19, 1935.
Amelia Earhart and Laura Ingalls, 1935
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Range of Aircraft Tires Needed, 1941 — Share the History Love... Wide range of tire sizes required for military aircraft is illustrated by this December 1941 photograph. The tire at bottom is the type used on average medium bomber while small tires at top are for tail wheels of various types of aircrafts. Share the History Love... [...]
- Picking blackberries in Oregon, 1910 — Share the History Love... Women picking evergreen blackberries in western Oregon, 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Jane Wyman relaxing on a California beach, 1935 — Share the History Love... Actress Jane Wyman, 18 years old, sitting in lounge chair on California beach, 1935. Share the History Love... [...]