A group of school children in 1899 viewing the first bison at the National Zoological Park – commonly known as the National Zoo – part of the Smithsonian Institute.
School Children with Bison, 1899
- Lou Hoover passing out food baskets & toys, 1930 — Share the History Love... Lou Hoover passing out food baskets and toys to children of families impoverished by the Great Depression at Washington’s Central Union Mission. Share the History Love... [...]
- Remember Pearl Harbor, 1940s — Share the History Love... Boys in uniform holding letters saying, “Remember Pearl Harbor” to commemorate the attack. Share the History Love... [...]
- Farmer on a loaded wagon outside barn, 1925 — Share the History Love... Farm wagons were all-purpose horse-drawn vehicles that could carry crops from the field to the barn or to market. This model — with an open body and no driver’s seat — was simple, but handy. It readily hauled this load of bagged seed or grain. Share the History Love... [...]
- San Juan Capistrano officials standing on horses, 1929 — Share the History Love... Local officials including Orange County Supervisors Willard Smith and William Schumacher on horses while inspecting the site of the Ortega Highway, 1929 Share the History Love... [...]
- Gift Guide: Women’s History Buffs — Share the History Love... Here are a few gift ideas for the history buff on your list! “Vote for Women” Pennant Pin: Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum (History List) History Nerd t-shirt with Susan B. Anthony: History List Little Ladies: Bold Women in Black History: Amazon Hidden Figures: Amazon U.S. Women’s Suffrage t-shirt: Yesteeyear (Etsy) Rad American Women [...]