Jimmy Carter, the 39th President of the United States, was the first president to be born in a hospital. He was born James Earl Carter, Jr. on October 1, 1924 at the Wise Sanitarium in Plains, Georgia – now the Lillian G. Carter Nursing Center – which is still in use today.
Jimmy Carter & Hospital Birth
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bush (Jr.) serving Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad, 2003 — Share the History Love... George W. Bush helps to serve Thanksgiving dinner at the Bob Hope Dining Facility at Baghdad International Airport, Iraq, November 27, 2003. Share the History Love... [...]
- Nurse Wheels a Wounded Soldier in an Army Hospital, 1943 — Share the History Love... Nurse Frances Bullock wheels a wounded soldier back to his bed in the orthopedics ward of an Army hospital on May 23, 1943. Share the History Love... [...]
- Johnson signs the Immigration Act, 1965 — Share the History Love... President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Immigration Act as Vice President Hubert Humphrey, Lady Bird Johnson, Muriel Humphrey, Sen. Edward (Ted) Kennedy, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, and others look on. It was signed at Liberty Island, New York on October 3, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- Hoover with Mary Pickford, 1931 — Share the History Love... Film star Mary Pickford gives President Herbert Hoover a ticket for a film industry benefit for the unemployed, November 12, 1931. Share the History Love... [...]