Vocational training for S.A.T.C. (Students’ Army Training Corps) at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Pictured is the Pole-Climbing class for the college’s telephone electricians with some of their instructors, ca. 1918.
Electrician Pole-Climbing Class, 1918
- International law class at Columbia, 1918 — International law class in session at Columbia University in October 1918. Share the History Love... [...]
- Hornet’s Nest Brigade reunion, 1923 — Veterans of the Hornet’s Nest Brigade at a Civil War reunion in Ottumwa, Iowa during June 20-21, 1923. The Hornet’s Nest Brigade included members of the 2nd, 7th, 8th, 12th & 14th Iowa Infantries who served during the war. Share the History Love... [...]
- May Day festival at Georgia State Woman’s College, 1936 — A May Day festival taking place in front of the original Converse Hall at Georgia State Woman’s College (now Valdosta State University) in 1936. Share the History Love... [...]
- Smith College Relief Unit during WWI — The Smith College Relief Unit was founded in 1917 by Harriet Boyd Hawes to bring relief to those areas of France that were most devastated during the first World War. Hawes already had significant experience of relief work when she proposed, at a Boston Smith Club meeting in 1917, to form the SCRU. She had [...]
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]