Vocational training for S.A.T.C. (Students’ Army Training Corps) at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Pictured is the Pole-Climbing class for the college’s telephone electricians with some of their instructors, ca. 1918.
Electrician Pole-Climbing Class, 1918
- Soldiers sending mail in Atlanta, 1946 — Two soldiers sending mail in Atlanta, Georgia, 1946. The woman’s pin identifies her as a U.S.O. lounge volunteer. Share the History Love... [...]
- “Valentine Post Office” at school, 1942 — Photograph of Valentine’s Day school event for kids in Denton, Texas, 1942. In the image there is a group of students sharing a table to write cards to the left of the frame while on the right of the frame students sit in individual desks reading cards. In the background is a constructed “Valentine Post [...]
- John Wayne visiting soldiers in Vietnam, 1966 — John Wayne signs Private First Class Fonsell Wofford’s helmet during his visit to the 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, at Chu Lai in Vietnam on June 20, 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Charlie Chaplin helping the WWI cause, 1918 — Charlie Chaplin, comedy star, making his first speech for the third Liberty Loan drive in front of the State, War and Navy Building in Washington, D.C., on first anniversary of U.S. entry into war, April 6, 1918. Share the History Love... [...]
- Going down a toboggan slide, 1941 — Two groups going down the toboggan slides in Corsair and Silver Valley area in Michigan on February 9, 1941. The Silver Valley and Corsair area was a popular downhill ski area with a tracked toboggan run. Erosion concerns ended those operations in the 1960s. The large ski lodge was torn down and the ski hill replanted. The area was re-designated [...]