Vocational training for S.A.T.C. (Students’ Army Training Corps) at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Pictured is the Pole-Climbing class for the college’s telephone electricians with some of their instructors, ca. 1918.
Electrician Pole-Climbing Class, 1918
- Sending books to the Rhineland, 1919 — After the Armistice, books followed the army occupied regions, where Cologne was the center for book distribution. Here crates of books are loaded on a German freight car, destined to a YMCA Library in the Rhineland in 1919. Share the History Love... [...]
- U.S.C. grades given out, 1937 — University of Southern California student Elaine Bear is being handed her grades at the grade reports window while other students wait their turn on February 18, 1937. Share the History Love... [...]
- Female Yeoman recruiting for men and Victory Loans, 1919 — In New York City, female Yeomen assisted the Navy in recruiting and carrying out the Victory Loan drive on May 8, 1919. These Yeomen were stationed in Washington, D.C. Note the advertising structure built to resemble a battleship’s superstructure. In addition to its recruiting and Victory Loan signs, it features copies of the two Howard [...]
- Women playing basketball, 1899 — Female students playing basketball in a gymnasium in Western High School, Washington, D.C., circa 1899. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women soldering cable eyes, 1919 — Women workers soldering cable eyes at a naval aircraft factory in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on February 17, 1919. Share the History Love... [...]