Vocational training for S.A.T.C. (Students’ Army Training Corps) at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Pictured is the Pole-Climbing class for the college’s telephone electricians with some of their instructors, ca. 1918.
Electrician Pole-Climbing Class, 1918
- Women repairing bicycle, 1895 — Sepia tone photograph of a young woman repairing parts of a bicycle while three others watch and help her, ca. 1895. Share the History Love... [...]
- Setting off a purple smoke bomb, 1967 — Companies B and C, 1st Bn, 8th Inf, 1st Bde, 4th Inf Div, assemble on top of Hill 742, located five miles northeast of Dak To, prior to moving out. A purple smoke bomb is ignited in the background to guide in a helicopter. This photograph was taken sometime between November 14-17, 1967 during the [...]
- Jubilant soldiers at Piccadilly Circus, 1945 — Jubilant American soldier hugs a motherly English woman and victory smiles light the faces of happy service men and civilians at Piccadilly Circus in London on May 7, 1945. They are celebrating Germany’s unconditional surrender. Share the History Love... [...]
- Checking for booby traps near Haman, 1950 — Engineers probe for a booby trap under mine near Haman, Korea on September 13, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- Marines and sailors posing on a ship, 1918 — United States Marines and Sailors posing on unidentified ship (likely either the USS Pennsylvania or USS Arizona), in 1918. Share the History Love... [...]