President Eisenhower and former President Herbert Hoover cook steaks on a grill in Fraser, Colorado in 1954.
Eisenhower & Hoover Grilling Steaks, 1954
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Coca-Cola bottling line, 1958 — Share the History Love... Coca-Cola bottling line in a Fort Scott, Kansas factory, circa 1958 Share the History Love... [...]
- Six-year-old Lyndon B. Johnson, 1915 — Share the History Love... Photograph of Lyndon B. Johnson when he was around six years old, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]
- Workers on a “Jumbo Rig”at the Hoover Dam, 1930s — Share the History Love... Before the Hoover Dam could be built the Colorado River had to be diverted through tunnels. This piece of equipment, named a Jumbo Rig, was designed to speed up the tunnel drilling process. Built on the back of a 10-ton truck, 24 to 30 drills could be operated at once. Share [...]
- Inauguration of the Statue of Liberty, 1886 — Share the History Love... The inauguration of the Statue of Liberty, “Liberty Enlightening the World”, in New York Harbor, on October 28, 1886. A military and naval salute, marked the event, presided over by U.S. President Grover Cleveland. Share the History Love... [...]