Woman draping stockings at the Minnesac Mills in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1936.
Draping Stockings, 1936
- WPA artists working on a national defense poster, 1941 — Share the History Love... A WPA artist prepares a poster on Syphilis for national defense program on March 20, 1941. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for combating the [...]
- Newspaper boys cool off in a fountain, 1916 — Share the History Love... Newspaper boys cool off in a New York City park fountain in April 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- A giant dust storm, 1937 — Share the History Love... A black and white photograph of a giant dust storm in 1937. Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters in the Penalty Box, 1950 — Share the History Love... Chicago Westerners Roller Derby skaters Ann Pernice, 19, and Eleanor Weber, 24, watch from the penalty box at the Coliseum at a Roller Derby in 1950. During the month of November, two teams of ten men and women each, skated against each other, sometimes traveling at speeds up to 30 miles [...]
- U.S. vs Canada ice hockey game during the 1924 Winter Olympics — Share the History Love... The Canadian ice hockey team, the Toronto Granites, score during the final in which they beat the U.S. in the final 6-1 to take the gold medal at the 1924 Winter Olympics in Charmonix, France. Share the History Love... [...]