Mari Levine, “Cakes Throughout U.S. History [Infographic],” America’s Test Kitchen, January 23, 2012.
Cakes Throughout U.S. History
- Cudahy Packing Company, 1910 — Share the History Love... United States bureau inspection at the Cudahy Packing Company – a meat packing company, in Omaha in 1910. The Bureau Inspector assigned to sausage department supervises the entire process of manufacturing. His duties are to know that only clean, sweet and wholesome meats are used, prevent the use of prohibited preservatives and adulterations and [...]
- Eating ice cream at the 1904 World’s Fair — Share the History Love... Frances Robnett Smith Lyon with her children, Randolph, Mildred, and Montague, eating ice cream cones at the 1904 World’s Fair (also called the Louisiana Purchase Exposition and the St. Louis World’s Fair). Share the History Love... [...]
- D-Day in Pictures: Part VI — Share the History Love... D-Day in Pictures: Part I D-Day in Pictures: Part II D-Day in Pictures: Part III D-Day in Pictures: Part IV D-Day in Pictures: Part V “We got on the beach and they have all these people laying down on the beach that were killed, it was chaos” – SSG Walter Ehlers, 18th Infantry [...]
- Mickey Rooney feeds troops, 1952 — Share the History Love... Mickey Rooney and members of his USO show feed troops chow on October 12, 1952. The serving line includes, from right to left: Dick Winslow, Mickey Rooney, Deenah Prince, Alice Tyrrell, and Red Barry. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gathering sap in the Green Mountain National Forest, 1938 — Share the History Love... Two men gathering sap in the Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont in 1938. The production of Vermont maple syrup and other maple products is a thriving tradition that signals the arrival of spring in New England. There are only a few regions in the world suitable for maple syrup production. Vermont [...]