Mari Levine, “Cakes Throughout U.S. History [Infographic],” America’s Test Kitchen, January 23, 2012.
Cakes Throughout U.S. History
- Mickey Rooney feeds troops, 1952 — Mickey Rooney and members of his USO show feed troops chow on October 12, 1952. The serving line includes, from right to left: Dick Winslow, Mickey Rooney, Deenah Prince, Alice Tyrrell, and Red Barry. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gathering sap in the Green Mountain National Forest, 1938 — Two men gathering sap in the Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont in 1938. The production of Vermont maple syrup and other maple products is a thriving tradition that signals the arrival of spring in New England. There are only a few regions in the world suitable for maple syrup production. Vermont is, by far, the [...]
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Feeding baby elephants at the San Antonio Zoo, 1962 — Fred Stark, director of San Antonio Zoo, feeds new baby elephants that arrived overnight by railway express from their former home in Chicago’s Brookfield Zoo on April 5, 1962. Share the History Love... [...]
- Farmerettes pack peaches, 1917 — Farmerettes pack peaches on a Virginia fruit farm on August 1, 1917. Share the History Love... [...]