Mari Levine, “Cakes Throughout U.S. History [Infographic],” America’s Test Kitchen, January 23, 2012.
Cakes Throughout U.S. History
- Farmerettes pack peaches, 1917 — Farmerettes pack peaches on a Virginia fruit farm on August 1, 1917. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woman picking vegetables, 1920 — African-American woman picking vegetables from a garden, ca. 1920. Share the History Love... [...]
- Depression-era breadline in New York City, 1932 — A long line of people waiting to be fed in a breadline in New York City, February 2, 1932. Share the History Love... [...]
- Tamale industry in Brownsville, 1939 — A view showing the Tamale industry in Brownsville Market plaza in 1939. These tamales just happen to be “Life Saving.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Eating Christmas Dinner in South Vietnam, 1967 — Spec. 4 Ron Brault of Kansas City, Mo., eats dinner while sitting next to a Christmas tree sent to him by his parents in Bu Dop, South Vietnam in December 1967. Share the History Love... [...]