Boy playing tug with a dog near the Iron Pier at Coney Island, Brooklyn, ca. 1885.
Boy and Dog, Coney Island, ca. 1885
- Stampeders with supplies during the Klondike Gold Rush — Share the History Love... Stampeders and their outfits in Dyea, Alaska. So many hopeful men (and a few women) were making the difficult journey into the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness in search of gold during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Canadian government started requiring every stampeder bring a year’s supply of goods before crossing the [...]
- Odd Contests: Prettiest Legs at the Fair, 1964 — Share the History Love... The 1964 New York World’s Fair saw a slew of fascinating and interesting exhibits, shows, and even beauty contests. One of them was a contest for the “Prettiest Legs at the Fair.” Let’s just say that the women participating to get a leg up in the competition…. Share the History Love... [...]
- Interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House, 1895 — Share the History Love... The highly decorated items and interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House in Chilkat, Alaska in 1895. Share the History Love... [...]
- Barge of Dinosaurs for the 1964 New York World’s Fair — Share the History Love... Dinosaurs on a barge heading to the site of the 1964/1965 New York World’s Fair. The 1964-65 statues were created in Mahopac, New York and included a Tyrannosaurus Rex, the horned Triceratops, the plated Stegosaurus and the lovable Apatosaurus. The dinosaurs took three years to build with a team of paleontologists, [...]
- The Beatles arrive at JFK Airport, 1964 — Share the History Love... The Beatles arrive at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport on February 7, 1964. From left: John Lennon (waving), Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison. 1964 was the year Beatlemania swept through the United States. Share the History Love... [...]