President Truman, wearing a shirt that reads “Coach Truman, Athletic Department,” leads exercises on the deck of the USS Missouri on his return trip to Washington from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 1947.
Truman exercises on the USS Missouri, 1947
- Carter at the Alamo during the 1976 campaign — Share the History Love... Former Georgia Governor Jimmy Carter speaks at the “grand finale” of the local Democratic Party campaign on October 30, 1976. Joining him on the podium are many of Texas’ prominent Democrats, including Gov. Dolph Briscoe, Sen. Lloyd Bensen, and Rep. Henry B. Gonzalez. Another group of Carter supporters objected to the Alamo as [...]
- Bill Clinton shaking hands with Donald Trump, 2000 — Share the History Love... Bill Clinton shaking hands with Donald Trump at Trump Tower in 2000. Share the History Love... [...]
- South Vietnamese refugees on a U.S. Navy vessel, 1975 — Share the History Love... South Vietnamese refugees walk across a U.S. Navy vessel. Operation Frequent Wind, the final operation in Saigon, began April 29, 1975. During a nearly constant barrage of explosions, the Marines loaded American and Vietnamese civilians, who feared for their lives, onto helicopters that brought them to waiting aircraft carriers. The Navy [...]
- Navy nurse with two of her patients, 1918 — Share the History Love... Navy nurse Hazel Herringshaw and two of her patients, 1918. Share the History Love... [...]
- Lyndon Johnson at his ranch, 1972 — Share the History Love... Former President Lyndon Johnson at his ranch in Texas, August 1972. Share the History Love... [...]