President Truman, wearing a shirt that reads “Coach Truman, Athletic Department,” leads exercises on the deck of the USS Missouri on his return trip to Washington from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 1947.
Truman exercises on the USS Missouri, 1947
- JFK & Jacqueline on their wedding day, 1953 — Share the History Love... Senator John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy on their wedding day at Hammersmith Farm on September 12, 1953. Share the History Love... [...]
- LBJ with civil rights leaders in the White House, 1964 — Share the History Love... In this January 18, 1964 photo, President Lyndon B. Johnson, right, talks with civil rights leaders in his White House office in Washington. The leaders, from left, are, Roy Wilkins, executive secretary of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); James Farmer, national director of the Committee on [...]
- Reagan gets ready to play Santa in 1983. — Share the History Love... President Reagan gets ready to play Santa in 1983. Share the History Love... [...]
- Wrecked destroyers at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard, 1941 — Share the History Love... The wrecked destroyers USS Downes (DD-375) and USS Cassin (DD-372) in Drydock One at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard, soon after the end of the Japanese air attack on December 7, 1941. Cassin has capsized against Downes. USS Pennsylvania (BB-38) is astern, occupying the rest of the drydock. The torpedo-damaged cruiser USS [...]
- Nuclear blast takes down a U.S. Navy Blimp, 1957 — Share the History Love... At a Nevada nuclear test site on August 7, 1957, the tail of a U.S. Navy Blimp is photographed with the cloud of a nuclear blast in the background. The Blimp was in temporary free flight in excess of five miles from ground zero when it collapsed from the shock wave [...]