After Jim Henson’s sudden death on May 16, 1990, people across the world remembered “The Muppets” creator with tributes and honors. One of the most touching is an illustration by Disney artists Joe Lanzisero and Tim Kirk. In the tribute to Henson, Mickey Mouse is shown with his arm around Kermit the Frog, consoling him. The black-and-white illustration appeared in the Summer 1990 issue of WD Eye, Walt Disney Imagineering’s employee magazine.
Mickey Consoling Kermit, 1990
- Walt Disney with Mickey Mouse drawing, 1931 — Walt Disney showing a cat his Mickey Mouse drawing in 1931. Share the History Love... [...]
- Space-suited Mickey Mouse greets crews of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Pro... — A space-suited Mickey Mouse greets the Soviet and American crews of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project mission to Disney World. The crews made a side-trip to Disney World during a three-day inspection tour of NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, February 10, 1975. The crew members are, left to right, cosmonaut Valeriy N. Kubasov, engineer on the Soviet [...]
- Women and girls reading near a swingset, 1910 — Women and girls reading near swingset where younger children are suspended in hammock-like swings, July 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Head of the Statue of Liberty at Paris workshop, 1883 — View of the external area of the workshop in Paris, showing construction materials, the head of the Statue of Liberty, and a group of men gathered in front of the left foot of the statue, 1883. Share the History Love... [...]
- NYPL Storytelling, 1912 — New York Public Library is working with the High Bridge school for storytelling, July 1912. A librarian is shown reading a story to children outside. Share the History Love... [...]