Calf pulling boy in sled, ca. 1915. Having grown up on a farm, I am very familiar with people using many things to pull sleds. However, never a cow, or in this case, a calf….
Calf Pulling Boy in Sled, 1915
- Polar Bear club celebrating the New Year, 1967 — Share the History Love... “Ice” way to celebrate the new year! Polar Bear club the “Iceberg A.C.” goes for a cold dip at Coney Island on New Year’s Day 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ushering in the New Year on the beach, 1933 — Share the History Love... Three women usher in the New Year somewhere in Southern California, 1933. Share the History Love... [...]
- Shepherd taking sheep across Grand Coulee Dam, 1947 — Share the History Love... Joe Hodgin, an eastern Washington woolgrower, takes his herd of 2,600 sheep across the Grand Coulee Dam around 1947. Here is a video clip of the sheep herding: Share the History Love... [...]
- Singing Christmas carols in a parade, 1950 — Share the History Love... Christmas carols are sung in a big Christmas parade at Carrollton, Missouri by these youthful singers. A big crowd was on hand to see the parade of bands, costumed characters and floats on December 23, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- Singing Christmas carols in Iceland, 1942 — Share the History Love... “The Christmas spirit is universal, the traditions unchanging even in the midst of war. Where ever our American troops are to be found throughout the world Christmas Carols will be heard in joyful hymns on the eve of the Nativity of Christ.” Shown here in Iceland, soldiers are singing the Christmas [...]