Here are some photos of how various presidential administrations celebrated Halloween.
Halloween in the White House
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Hostess dwarfed by huge Easter bunnies, 1964 — Posed amidst and dwarfed by huge Easter bunnies, Amanda Levant, daughter of wit-pianist Oscar Levant, prepares for her duties as a hostess at the Teen-Age Fair at the Hollywood Palladium on March 10, 1964. Share the History Love... [...]
- Surrounded by Easter lilies and Easter bunnies, 1953 — Three children surrounded by Easter lilies while two of them hold stuffed Easter bunnies on March 31, 1953. Share the History Love... [...]
- Easter bonnet makers, 1965 — Five of the more than 150 girls who took part in the annual Easter Bonnet Fashion Show at Panorama Recreation Center on April 17, 1965, show off their efforts. From front to back are Linda Crate, 13, Bonnie Weisman, 13, Terri Strauss, 13, Wendy Hames, 13, and Laurie Miller, also 13. The event was produced by [...]
- Celebrating Passover in South Korea, 1951 — Soldiers celebrating Passover in Seoul, Korea, 1952. Share the History Love... [...]