Here are some photos of how various presidential administrations celebrated Halloween.
Halloween in the White House
- Pedestrians on the Brooklyn Bridge, 1910 — Pedestrians on the Brooklyn Bridge, 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Shirley Temple Black with President Ford, 1976 — Shirley Temple Black shaking hands with President Gerald Ford in the Cabinet Room after being sworn-in as Chief of Protocol on July 20, 1976. Following her career in Hollywood, former child actress Shirley Temple embarked on a career in politics and diplomacy. She was a representative to the 24th United Nations General Assembly; Ambassador to [...]
- Taking a baby’s pulse, 1954 — Doctor taking a baby’s pulse in Clarkesville, Georgia, 1953. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reagan celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in style, 1988 — President Reagan walking back to the oval office after a St. Patrick’s day luncheon at the U.S. Capitol on March 17, 1988. Share the History Love... [...]
- Vash Gon – Jicarilla Apache — Edward S. Curtis, a professional photographer in Seattle, devoted his life to documenting what was perceived to be a vanishing race. His monumental publication The North American Indian presented to the public an extensive ethnographical study of numerous tribes, and his photographs remain memorable icons of the American Indian. This portrait (taken between 1907-1930) is of [...]