Here are some photos of how various presidential administrations celebrated Halloween.
Halloween in the White House
- Pumpkins at Pike Place Market, 1978 — Pumpkins for sale at the Pike Place Market in Seattle, 1978. Share the History Love... [...]
- Truman with Princess Elizabeth, 1951 — After arriving at Washington National Airport’s Military Air Transport Service Terminal, England’s Princess Elizabeth joins President Harry S. Truman in the Chief Executive’s limousine for her ride to Blair House on October 31, 1951. Share the History Love... [...]
- Betty Ford dancing with other young women, 1938 — Betty Bloomer (center), the future wife of President Gerald R. Ford, Jr, dancing with four other young women in 1938. The photo was possibly taken at Bennington College Summer School of Dance. Share the History Love... [...]
- Homestead in Sun River, 1910 — Little girl feeding chickens against background of house, buckboard wagon, and ridge of plateau, Sun River, Montana in June 23, 1910. The family, the Hancocks, were settlers from Benson, Minnesota. Share the History Love... [...]
- Presenting salmon to President and Mrs. Harding, 1923 — President and Mrs. Harding inspect the gigantic salmon, the finest of the season, which were presented to them by enthusiastic fishermen at Annette Island Packing Company in Metlakahtla, AK on July 8, 1923. Share the History Love... [...]