The only state that does not have a national park, seashore, battlefield, memorials or monument is Delaware. This is interesting since the state is steeped in history, having been one of the thirteen colonies during the Revolutionary War and the first state to ratify the United States Constitution. Long story short, if you’re looking to find a job with the National Park Services in Delaware, look elsewhere.
Delaware – No National Parks
- Teddy Roosevelt at Mariposa Grove, 1903 — Share the History Love... Teddy Roosevelt and party at Mariposa Grove in May 1903. Share the History Love... [...]
- D-Day in Pictures: Part VI — Share the History Love... D-Day in Pictures: Part I D-Day in Pictures: Part II D-Day in Pictures: Part III D-Day in Pictures: Part IV D-Day in Pictures: Part V “We got on the beach and they have all these people laying down on the beach that were killed, it was chaos” – SSG Walter Ehlers, 18th Infantry [...]
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Share the History Love... Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gift Guide: History Book Lovers — Share the History Love... Leading up to the holiday season, I’m highlighting gift ideas for the history buff on your list! Bourbon: The Rise, Fall, and Rebirth of an American Whiskey by Fred Minnick: Amazon A Salvage War: A Military History of the Civil War by Williamson Murray and Wayne Wei-siang Hsieh: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite – an [...]
- Gift Guide: Presidential History Fans — Share the History Love... Leading up to the holiday season, I’m highlighting gift ideas for the history buff on your list! Presidential socks (Lincoln, Washington, and Kennedy): Amazon Presidential slogan mug: The Unemployed Philosopher’s Guild Clashing political parties cuff links: National Archives George Washington cookie cutter: Amazon The Roosevelts: An Intimate History: Amazon Pez [...]