Presidential Campaign Buttons from 1940-2008, I particularly like the third “Loser” button from 1944 and the third “Winner” one from 1952.
Campaign Buttons, 1940-2008
- Andrea and David Lawrence on a break during the 1956 Olympics — Share the History Love... American alpine ski racer Andrea Mead Lawrence and her husband, American alpine ski racer David J. Lawrence, walking together in the streets of Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy on a break during the 1953 Olympic Winter Games. Share the History Love... [...]
- U.S. vs Canada ice hockey game during the 1924 Winter Olympics — Share the History Love... The Canadian ice hockey team, the Toronto Granites, score during the final in which they beat the U.S. in the final 6-1 to take the gold medal at the 1924 Winter Olympics in Charmonix, France. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gretchen Fraser at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... Gretchen Fraser was the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Fraser was selected for the 1940 Olympic team, but those Games were cancelled due to World War II. While her husband 1936 Olympian skier Don Fraser, went to war, [...]
- Girl Scouts with their “All American Valentine” Ford, 1... — Share the History Love... Florida Girl Scouts greeted their “All American Valentine” President Ford with a heart-shaped sign when he arrived in Orlando in February 1976. Share the History Love... [...]
- Peggie Castle as Cupid, 1950 — Share the History Love... Peggie Castle dressed as Cupid for a pin-up photo shoot for LIFE magazine in 1950. Peggie was best known for her roles as the “other woman” in various B films during the 1950s. Share the History Love... [...]