Ralph C. Lincoln, the assistant manager at Vitamin World in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, looks strikingly similar to a very famous American – the 16th U.S. President – Abraham Lincoln. The resemblance is uncanny. Ralph is actually a distant cousin to the late President. The extent of their familial relation is both complicated and far removed which makes their physical similarity even more fascinating.
The Lincoln Resemblance
- Preparing the turkey on a M-1937 Field Range — Share the History Love... Sgt Louis S.Wallace, from Meadville, Miss., prepares two of the many thousands of turkeys on a M-1937 Field Range stove that have arrived from the states. The M-1937 was the primary field stove of the U.S. Army during World War II. Share the History Love... [...]
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bush (Jr.) serving Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad, 2003 — Share the History Love... George W. Bush helps to serve Thanksgiving dinner at the Bob Hope Dining Facility at Baghdad International Airport, Iraq, November 27, 2003. Share the History Love... [...]
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- In Their Words: WWI Veteran George Briant — Share the History Love... Share the History Love... [...]