In 1930, Ellen Church became the first airline stewardess after convincing Boeing Air Transport that the presence of women nurses would help relieve passenger fears of flying.
- “Women’s Rights” day march to the Statue of Liber... — Share the History [...]
- Female guards learning how to sight guns, 1942 — Share the History Love... Female guards, placed on duty at the Naval Ordnance Plant, operated by the Hudson Motor Car Company in Detroit, Michigan, learn how to sight guns on August 7, 1942. In the front row, the girls sight 38 caliber police pistols; those in the back row with 30-30 rifles. At present the [...]
- Women Ordnance Workers at Midvale Steel and Ordnance Company, 1918 — Share the History Love... Women workers hand chipping with pneumatic hammers at Midvale Steel and Ordnance Company in Nicetown, Pennsylvania, 1918. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women fishing, 1938 — Share the History Love... Women fishing in 1938. Share the History Love... [...]