In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson took a break from White House duties for a ride with friends in his Amphicar. What’s an Amphicar? Why, an amphibious car, of course. In this photo, LBJ steers his land-to-water vehicle into a lake at his ranch in Stonewall, Texas. 4/11/65.
President Johnson & Amphicar
- LBJ on a horse during a campaign event, 1964 — Share the History Love... President Lyndon B. Johnson rides a horse during a 1964 presidential campaign event. Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller skating, ca. 1905 — Share the History Love... Portrait of a man in roller skates around 1905. Share the History Love... [...]
- The Kennedy Family at Hyannis Port, 1931 — Share the History Love... The Kennedy Family at Hyannis Port on September 4, 1931. L-R: Robert Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, Eunice Kennedy, Jean Kennedy (on lap of) Joseph P. Kennedy Sr., Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy (who was pregnant with Edward “Ted” Kennedy at time of this photo), Patricia Kennedy, Kathleen Kennedy, Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. (behind) [...]
- President Bush (Sr.) playing horseshoes, 1989 — Share the History Love... President George H.W. Bush and his son Marvin playing horseshoes on the South Lawn shortly after its installation in April 1989. While serving as vice president, George H. W. Bush enjoyed playing horseshoes in his spare time. After becoming president, he had a horseshoe pit installed on the White House South [...]
- Teddy Roosevelt on a steam shovel, 1906 — Share the History Love... President Theodore Roosevelt sitting on a steam shovel at Culebra Cut (Panama Canal), 1906. Share the History Love... [...]