In Their Words – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Walgreens (Nashville) lunch counter sit-in, 1960 — Share the History Love... Rodney Powell (standing) talks with other sit-in participants at Walgreens drugstore in Nashville, Tennessee on March 25, 1960. On February 13, 1960, members of the Nashville Student Movement and the Nashville Christian Leadership Council began a campaign of sit-ins at “whites only” lunch counters in Nashville stores. Their goal was to end [...]
- Western Union bike messengers, 1911 — Share the History Love... Western Union bike messengers in Danville, Virginia, ca. 1911. The photograph was taken by Lewis Wickes Hine. Share the History Love... [...]
- Tuskegee Airmen with Lena Horne — Share the History Love... Tuskegee Airmen with singer Lena Horne and Brigadier General Noel Parrish at a banquet at Tuskegee Institute in Tuskegee, Alabama during World War II. Share the History Love... [...]
- Steam fire engine rushes by, early 1900s — Share the History Love... Three white horses rushing down city street pulling a steam fire engine carrying three fire fighters on its way to a fire sometime between 1900 and 1920. Crowds on the street and inside the Shaw building watch fire engine go by. Share the History Love... [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]