A little girl receiving tests gazes into pool containing baby ducks — an early use of animals as part of medical therapy, 1956.
Ducks, Medical Therapy, 1956
- Free meal at Ellis Island — Immigrants being served a free meal at Ellis Island. Share the History Love... [...]
- Civilian Conservation Corps putting up a fence, 1941 — Civilian Conservation Corps boys putting up a fence, Greene County, Georgia, May 1941. The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was a public work relief program that operated during the Great Depression for unemployed, unmarried men as part of Roosevelt’s New Deal. Share the History Love... [...]
- Watching fire in the distance during the Great San Francisco Earthq... — Arnold Genthe’s famous photograph, looking toward the fire on Sacramento Street after the Great San Francisco Earthquake on April 18, 1906. In As I Remember local photographer Arnold Genthe recalls the morning of the first day of the fires and how the photograph above came to be: I found that my hand cameras had been so [...]
- Franklin Pierce in uniform, 1852 — Half plate daguerreotype of Franklin Pierce in uniform as a Brigadier General in the Mexican-American War, 1852. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women and girls reading near a swingset, 1910 — Women and girls reading near swingset where younger children are suspended in hammock-like swings, July 1910. Share the History Love... [...]