A strolling blind musician plays guitar and harmonica along Broadway at night in Times Square in 1944.
Blind Musician – 1944
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- On the “Lamoriciere” in the Puget Sound, 1904 — Four men and two women on the deck of the three-masted bark “Lamoriciere” in the Puget Sound port in Washington, ca. 1904. Share the History Love... [...]
- Apsaroke mother and child, 1908 — Photograph of an Apsaroke mother with her child by photographer Edward Sheriff Curtis in 1908. Share the History Love... [...]
- Immigrants arriving at Ellis Island — Immigrants walking the dock and onto Ellis Island. Share the History Love... [...]
- Vash Gon – Jicarilla Apache — Edward S. Curtis, a professional photographer in Seattle, devoted his life to documenting what was perceived to be a vanishing race. His monumental publication The North American Indian presented to the public an extensive ethnographical study of numerous tribes, and his photographs remain memorable icons of the American Indian. This portrait (taken between 1907-1930) is of [...]