A strolling blind musician plays guitar and harmonica along Broadway at night in Times Square in 1944.
Blind Musician – 1944
- Chuck Berry performing during “Chuck Berry’s Bandstand,... — [...]
- Alexander Milliner: Washington’s favorite drummer boy — Alexander Milliner enlisted as a drummer boy who served in Gen. Washington’s Life Guard unit. He was reportedly a favorite of Washington’s, often playing at his personal request. He was present at the battles of Brandywine, Monmouth – where he was shot in the thigh after a bullet passed through his drum – Saratoga, White Plains, [...]
- “In the Badlands,” 1904 — Three Native Americans are shown on horseback with the Badlands silhouetted behind them. Edward Sheriff Curtis took this photograph, titled “In the Badlands”, in 1904. Share the History Love... [...]
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- On the “Lamoriciere” in the Puget Sound, 1904 — Four men and two women on the deck of the three-masted bark “Lamoriciere” in the Puget Sound port in Washington, ca. 1904. Share the History Love... [...]