Frank Maher, alias “Waddles,” with golden mantled ground squirrels while leaning against a sign that says “Hotel de Chipmunk” at Martia Peak Lookout in Tahoe National Forest, California, July 1933.
Hotel de Chipmunk – 1933
- Feeding baby elephants at the San Antonio Zoo, 1962 — Fred Stark, director of San Antonio Zoo, feeds new baby elephants that arrived overnight by railway express from their former home in Chicago’s Brookfield Zoo on April 5, 1962. Share the History Love... [...]
- On the “Lamoriciere” in the Puget Sound, 1904 — Four men and two women on the deck of the three-masted bark “Lamoriciere” in the Puget Sound port in Washington, ca. 1904. Share the History Love... [...]
- Hostess dwarfed by huge Easter bunnies, 1964 — Posed amidst and dwarfed by huge Easter bunnies, Amanda Levant, daughter of wit-pianist Oscar Levant, prepares for her duties as a hostess at the Teen-Age Fair at the Hollywood Palladium on March 10, 1964. Share the History Love... [...]
- Easter bonnet makers, 1965 — Five of the more than 150 girls who took part in the annual Easter Bonnet Fashion Show at Panorama Recreation Center on April 17, 1965, show off their efforts. From front to back are Linda Crate, 13, Bonnie Weisman, 13, Terri Strauss, 13, Wendy Hames, 13, and Laurie Miller, also 13. The event was produced by [...]
- Loggers in a lumber camp in Wisconsin, 1910 — Group portrait of loggers in a lumber camp near Ojibwa, Wisconsin, ca. 1910. In front, seated on his sled, is T.J. Thompson. He traveled among the lumber camps between Winter and Raddison, selling watches and jewelry. His sled was pulled by his dog. Share the History Love... [...]