Frank Maher, alias “Waddles,” with golden mantled ground squirrels while leaning against a sign that says “Hotel de Chipmunk” at Martia Peak Lookout in Tahoe National Forest, California, July 1933.
Hotel de Chipmunk – 1933
- First female jury in Los Angeles, 1911 — Photo shows the first all-woman jury in Los Angeles, California who acquitted the editor of the Watts News of printing indecent language on Nov. 2, 1911. Share the History Love... [...]
- Circus lion in a bathtub — A circus lion, covered by soapy lather, is bathed in a free-standing bathtub inside a cage. Share the History Love... [...]
- Alexander Milliner: Washington’s favorite drummer boy — Alexander Milliner enlisted as a drummer boy who served in Gen. Washington’s Life Guard unit. He was reportedly a favorite of Washington’s, often playing at his personal request. He was present at the battles of Brandywine, Monmouth – where he was shot in the thigh after a bullet passed through his drum – Saratoga, White Plains, [...]
- Seattle zookeeper with camels, 1911 — Zookeeper with camels at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, 1911. Share the History Love... [...]
- “In the Badlands,” 1904 — Three Native Americans are shown on horseback with the Badlands silhouetted behind them. Edward Sheriff Curtis took this photograph, titled “In the Badlands”, in 1904. Share the History Love... [...]