Frank Maher, alias “Waddles,” with golden mantled ground squirrels while leaning against a sign that says “Hotel de Chipmunk” at Martia Peak Lookout in Tahoe National Forest, California, July 1933.
Hotel de Chipmunk – 1933
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954 — Share the History Love... Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney [...]
- Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm, 1984 — Share the History Love... Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm in April 1984. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woman near ground rupture of San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 — Share the History Love... A woman stands near the 1906 ground rupture northwest of Olema in Marin County. The rupture was the result of the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ford campaigning atop an elephant, 1950 — Share the History Love... Congressman Gerald R. Ford campaigned from atop a circus elephant in 1950. He represented Michigan in the House of Representatives from January 1949 to December 1973. Share the History Love... [...]