A Family with Their Covered Wagon During the Great Western Migration, 1886.
Great Western Migration – 1886
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Apsaroke mother and child, 1908 — Photograph of an Apsaroke mother with her child by photographer Edward Sheriff Curtis in 1908. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ice skating on the Manitowoc River, 1891 — Ice skating on the Manitowoc River in Wisconsin in 1891. Share the History Love... [...]
- Annie Oakley shooting, 1892 — A Native American man stands in the left foreground watching Phoebe Anne “Annie Oakley” Moses shoot at targets in the air during a performance of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show at Earl’s Court in England in 1892. The man has a blanket wrapped around his body. Annie shoots with her left arm fully extended. She [...]
- Testing out the Army’s new truck, 1941 — The following caption was given to this ‘high flying’ photograph taken on March 29, 1941: “These soldiers go up in the air to prove that the Army’s new quarter ton truck can take it.” Share the History Love... [...]