Smartly dressed couple seated on an 1886-model bicycle for two. The South Portico of the White House, Washington, DC, in the background.
Bike for Two – 1886
- U.S. vs Canada ice hockey game during the 1924 Winter Olympics — Share the History Love... The Canadian ice hockey team, the Toronto Granites, score during the final in which they beat the U.S. in the final 6-1 to take the gold medal at the 1924 Winter Olympics in Charmonix, France. Share the History Love... [...]
- Stampeders with supplies during the Klondike Gold Rush — Share the History Love... Stampeders and their outfits in Dyea, Alaska. So many hopeful men (and a few women) were making the difficult journey into the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness in search of gold during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Canadian government started requiring every stampeder bring a year’s supply of goods before crossing the [...]
- Martin Luther King, Jr., waves to “March on Washington”... — Share the History Love... Civil rights leader Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. waves to supporters on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., during the “March on Washington,” on August 28, 1963. King said the march was “the greatest demonstration of freedom in the history of the United States.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Finishing touches on “Abe” in the Lincoln Memorial, 192... — Share the History Love... Finishing touches are made to the huge statue of Abraham Lincoln, which stands just inside the entrance of the Lincoln Memorial, prior to its dedication in Washington, D.C., on May 30, 1922. Share the History Love... [...]
- Interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House, 1895 — Share the History Love... The highly decorated items and interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House in Chilkat, Alaska in 1895. Share the History Love... [...]