A workman on the framework of the Empire State Building.
A Workman on the Empire State Building
- Navigating the turnstiles while loaded with gifts, 1960 — Share the History Love... Instead of shopping bags, buyers carried boxes tied with string, but their arms were just as full. Loaded to the gills with presents for the kids, this guy navigates the turnstiles at 34th St. in 1960. Share the History Love... [...]
- Time Square during the Great Blizzard of 1947 — Share the History Love... Time Square aglow during the Great Blizzard of 1947. As LIFE put it to its readers in its Jan. 5, 1948, issue: At 3:20 in the morning it began to snow in New York City. By the time most New Yorkers were going to work the blanket lay three inches deep. [...]
- Woodsman on the Mooselookmeguntic Lake, 1943 — Share the History Love... A woodsman wearing spiked shoes opens up an empty boom at the upper end of Mooselookmeguntic Lake (Maine) so it can be filled with more logs from the Kennebago River, 1943. Share the History Love... [...]
- After the Christmas shopping rush, 1948 — Share the History Love... Macy’s department store employee cleaning up piles of debris after the Christmas shopping rush on November 30, 1948. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gift Guide: Women’s History Buffs — Share the History Love... Here are a few gift ideas for the history buff on your list! “Vote for Women” Pennant Pin: Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum (History List) History Nerd t-shirt with Susan B. Anthony: History List Little Ladies: Bold Women in Black History: Amazon Hidden Figures: Amazon U.S. Women’s Suffrage t-shirt: Yesteeyear (Etsy) Rad American Women [...]