A workman on the framework of the Empire State Building.
A Workman on the Empire State Building
- Women workers stain wings for a De Havilland DH-4, 1918 — Share the History Love... In the foreground of the photograph a group of women stain the wooden skeletons of the wings for a De Havilland DH-4 at the Dayton-Wright Airplane Company. At each station a group of women stain the wooden wings with an observer watching. In the background other employees are working and a [...]
- Coca-Cola bottling line, 1958 — Share the History Love... Coca-Cola bottling line in a Fort Scott, Kansas factory, circa 1958 Share the History Love... [...]
- Steam fire engine rushes by, early 1900s — Share the History Love... Three white horses rushing down city street pulling a steam fire engine carrying three fire fighters on its way to a fire sometime between 1900 and 1920. Crowds on the street and inside the Shaw building watch fire engine go by. Share the History Love... [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]
- Workers on a “Jumbo Rig”at the Hoover Dam, 1930s — Share the History Love... Before the Hoover Dam could be built the Colorado River had to be diverted through tunnels. This piece of equipment, named a Jumbo Rig, was designed to speed up the tunnel drilling process. Built on the back of a 10-ton truck, 24 to 30 drills could be operated at once. Share [...]