LIFE has amazing photo galleries depicting wars, economic crisis, groundbreaking photography, Hollywood’s golden years and photo timelines of influential people. They also have galleries with interesting subjects, for example the photo gallery with the headline – “Animals Driving Cars.” Since I like nothing better than good, but mostly odd, photos, I have decided to share a few here. I do not know why I find them hilarious, whether it is the role juxtaposition or the faces of the people in the photos, these are priceless!
Animals Driving Cars
- Circus lion in a bathtub — A circus lion, covered by soapy lather, is bathed in a free-standing bathtub inside a cage. Share the History Love... [...]
- Alexander Milliner: Washington’s favorite drummer boy — Alexander Milliner enlisted as a drummer boy who served in Gen. Washington’s Life Guard unit. He was reportedly a favorite of Washington’s, often playing at his personal request. He was present at the battles of Brandywine, Monmouth – where he was shot in the thigh after a bullet passed through his drum – Saratoga, White Plains, [...]
- Seattle zookeeper with camels, 1911 — Zookeeper with camels at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, 1911. Share the History Love... [...]
- “In the Badlands,” 1904 — Three Native Americans are shown on horseback with the Badlands silhouetted behind them. Edward Sheriff Curtis took this photograph, titled “In the Badlands”, in 1904. Share the History Love... [...]
- Horse-drawn garbage wagon, 1915 — Horse-drawn garbage wagon of the Department of Health and Sanitation in Seattle, Washington on October 28, 1915. Share the History Love... [...]