James Garfield, the 20th President of the United States, was the only president who was a preacher.
Preacher James Garfield
- Medical evacuation patients on the USS Tripoli, 1967 — Wounded Marines on the deck of the Amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli (LPH-10) await transfer to the 22nd Casualty Station in Danang from which they will be sent to the States, July 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Celebrating Passover in South Korea, 1951 — Soldiers celebrating Passover in Seoul, Korea, 1952. Share the History Love... [...]
- Protestant service on a steep hill during the Vietnam War — Stacks of C-ration cartons serve as both seating and altar for the Protestant service conducted by Chaplain Lieutenant L.L. Ahrnsbrak for members of the 3rd Platoon, Company G, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marines, at a cleared and sangbagged position on a steep hill during the Vietnam War. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ice skating on the Manitowoc River, 1891 — Ice skating on the Manitowoc River in Wisconsin in 1891. Share the History Love... [...]
- Annie Oakley shooting, 1892 — A Native American man stands in the left foreground watching Phoebe Anne “Annie Oakley” Moses shoot at targets in the air during a performance of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show at Earl’s Court in England in 1892. The man has a blanket wrapped around his body. Annie shoots with her left arm fully extended. She [...]